Always remember that you represent all cyclists every time you're on your bike.
- You represent every cyclist. Be courteous and helpful to others on the road. Give pedestrians the right of way.
- Obey traffic laws: including stop signs and stoplights.
- Use hand signals when you’re turning or stopping.
- You may ride two abreast, but must facilitate passing traffic. This means riding single file when faster traffic wants to pass, or staying in the right-most lane on a multi-lane road.
- Stay alert and focused: Avoid distractions while riding - no earbuds, no texting or talking on the phone.