Overland Base Camp's Dusk to Dawn Ride is coming up soon - on June 20. It's a unique all-night mixed-terrain ride that's not to be missed!
Getting prepared for this ride is always tricky because it's not easy to replicate the conditions of riding all night long, unless you ride all night long. Regardless, we're doing a shorter equipment test ride that's open to all comers.
On Monday evening, June 20, Overland Base Camp is leading a mixed-terrain dark ride. It's open to everyone - whether you've registered for the Dusk to Dawn or not.
When: Monday, June 20 departing at sunset - 8:25 pm. Doors open at 8:00 pm.
Where: Rolling from Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington, MA
- Ride Time: 2 hours. We'll be back around 10:30 pm.
- Distance: 21 miles
- Terrain: Mixed. About 50/50 pavement vs. dirt
- Elevation Gain: Not much; about 800 feet
- Ideal Bike: Cross type. 33c+ tires with some tread
Requirements to Join Us:
- Register for the ride.
- Make sure you've signed Ride Studio Cafe's rider waiver. If you've already done this in the past year, you're all set.
- Fuel up before the ride. If you haven't eaten a fairly substantial dinner prior, you're going to have a rough time around 10pm.
- Headlights that'll last 4+ hours. While we intend the ride to be about 3 hours, if we have flats, mechanicals, or any other issue, 3 becomes 4 fairly quickly.
- All the usual ride requirements from Ride Studio Cafe - or any smart ride.
- A bike appropriate for the terrain: 1) 33c knobbed tires, or larger; 2) clipless pedals
- A super positive attitude about a challenging and disorienting ride.
We hope to see you there! Make sure you've registered; it takes 30-seconds.